KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) located in Houston that offers a wide range of health care benefits under the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP). If you live or work in a county within the plan’s service area, you can enroll in KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice.
- You do not have to choose a primary care physician (PCP).
- You do not need referrals to specialists.
- There is no annual medical deductible.
- Preventive services provided by a network doctor – like annual check-ups and vaccinations – are covered at 100 percent.
- You are responsible for copayments and/or coinsurance for some doctor and hospital visits and other medical services, such as outpatient surgery and high-tech radiology.
- Fort Bend
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees and dependents who live or work in the service area. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 60 days of employment and coverage will begin the first of the month following your 60th day of employment.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during Summer Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year