HealthSelectSM of Texas is a network-based point-of-service plan and is administered by UnitedHealthcare through August 31, 2017. Beginning September 1, 2017, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas will administer the plan. HealthSelectSM of Texas is available to employees who live or work in Texas. HealthSelectSM Out-of-State is available to employees who live or work outside of the State of Texas.
HealthSelect of Texas includes a comprehensive prescription drug plan called the HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program, which is administered by OptumRx. You will receive two ID cards: one for medical and one for prescription drug benefits.
Enrollment in this plan also includes $5,000 of Basic Term Life Insurance.
Plan benefits vary depending on whether your providers are in the HealthSelect network. It pays to stay in the network - using network providers can reduce you out of pocket costs.
- HealthSelect has a large network of more than 50,000 doctors and other providers.
- You must choose a primary care physician (PCP) who will is responsible for coordinating your care and managing any referrals you may need to see specialists.
- There is no annual medical deductible if you stay in the HealthSelect network.
- You can elect to use non-network providers, but you will have higher out-of-pocket costs.
Benefits and wellness programs
- Preventive services provided by a network doctor – like annual check-ups and vaccinations – are covered at 100 percent.
- You are responsible for copayments and/or coinsurance for some doctor and hospital visits and other medical services, such as outpatient surgery and high-tech radiology.
- HealthSelect has a suite of wellness programs available to all participants.
- See the 2018 Master Benefits Plan Document for information about your Plan Year 2018 health plan benefits.
- See the 2017 Master Benefits Plan Document for information about your Plan Year 2017 health plan benefits.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees and dependents who live or work in Texas. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 60 days of employment and coverage will begin the first of the month following your 60th day of employment.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during Summer Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year.