Summer Enrollment is the only time of year you can make benefit changes, unless you have a qualifying life event like the birth of a child, marriage or divorce. Summer Enrollment begins June 25, but you can start preparing now.
One thing you can do now is verify the contact and other information you have on file at ERS. Please double-check what you have entered. For example, you may have moved this year. Make sure ERS has your updated contact information.
To check your account information, follow these steps:
- Go to the ERS home page at http://www.ers.texas.gov/.
- Click on My Account Login, which is the brown button, located in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you have registered in ERS OnLine, click Proceed to login, where you can then sign in to your account. (If you haven’t registered, follow the steps to do so.)
- Enter your Username and Password. Your individual home page should now appear.
You can now review and modify your personal information, including your mailing address and beneficiaries.
To make sure ERS sends your Summer Enrollment packet to the right address, please update your contact information by 5 p.m. CT on May 31, 2018.
During Summer Enrollment, if you want to keep the same coverage, do nothing and your coverage will remain the same.
Summer Enrollment is from June 25 to July 27
Phase 1: Monday, June 25 – Saturday, July 7
Phase 2: Monday, July 2 – Saturday, July 14
Phase 3: Monday, July 9 – Saturday, July 21
Phase 4: Monday, July 16 – Friday, July 27
See your agency’s phase.
If you want to make changes, please keep in mind that your agency or institution is in one of four Summer Enrollment phases. Make your changes during the phase listed on your Personal Benefits Enrollment Statement, which you will get in the mail before the beginning of your phase. Summer Enrollment changes that do not require evidence of insurability (EOI) approval will be effective September 1.
To make changes, you can:
- sign into your ERS OnLine account;
- contact your benefits coordinator or human resources department or
- call ERS.
To make sure your benefits changes go as smoothly as possible, we encourage you to read everything in your Summer Enrollment packet. It will tell you about changes for the new plan year, offer information about how ERS’ benefits plans work, provide a list of enrollment fairs and webinars, and remind you how to change your benefits during your enrollment phase.