It only takes a minute to search for unclaimed property
February 6, 2018
You could end up with extra cash in your pocket
By law, institutions, businesses and government entities in Texas must report any unclaimed personal property to the state. And, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has returned more than $2 billion in unclaimed property to its rightful owners.
You could be one of those owners. Unclaimed assets include:
- dividend, payroll or cashier's checks;
- stocks, bonds or mutual fund accounts;
- utility deposits and other refunds;
- bank accounts and safe deposit box contents;
- insurance proceeds;
- mineral interest or royalty payments;
- court deposits, trust funds or escrow accounts and
- overpayments on insurance, utilities and other bills.
It only takes a minute to search for property you may not know is yours. You can search at ClaimItTexas.org
. You can also call toll-free (800) 654-3463, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT.