If you’ve been injured or sick, you may need help in managing your healing process. Fortunately, your health care benefits include personalized support.
Enrolled in HealthSelectSM of Texas, HealthSelect Out-of-State, HealthSelect Secondary or Consumer Directed HealthSelect
? A Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) clinician can give you personalized support for a specific health situation.
Jodie, one of the clinicians at BCBSTX, recalled an experience that was special to her: “A participant diagnosed with breast cancer was concerned about the side effects from her IV meds. She wanted someone to listen to her needs and answer her questions without feeling rushed,” said Jodie. “We talked through her medication list and I explained what each one was for and helped her understand what the possible side effects could be.”
A few months later the participant reached out to Jodie again. Jodie helped her find a new specialist, who was located closer to her home and in-network, which led to huge cost savings for her. “She emailed me a beautiful letter that I will always truly cherish,” Jodie recounts. “She stated that she did not know what she would have done without me through this process. It’s times like this that I am so proud not only to be a nurse of 20 years, but to be a management clinician.”
BCBSTX’s clinicians are available by phone to:
- answer questions to help support you in managing your health condition;
- point you to local resources, such as mental health providers, dieticians and in-network specialists in your community;
- coordinate care with your health care providers;
- provide health and wellness information;
- help coordinate transportation to and from appointments and
- assist with an action plan to manage your health condition.
Call BCBSTX toll-free at (800) 252-8039, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT; Saturday 7 a. m. - 3 p.m. CT.
Health maintenance organizations (HMOs)
Community First Health Plans provides disease management services, including case management. If you have a chronic health condition that requires you to see several providers, you may find this service useful.
Community First case managers help you:
- coordinate care with your doctors and therapists;
- develop a plan of care that is updated as often as needed;
- order special equipment and supplies;
- coordinate behavioral health services;
- get home health care, if needed;
- take advantage of community programs and
- track your progress or changes in your condition.
Call Community First Health Plans at (210) 358-6262 (TTY: (210) 358-6080), Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT.
KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice
offers a service called KelseyCare Concierge.
- help in scheduling appointments and selecting physicians;
- assistance in finding nearby clinic locations and
- guidance on specific services available at each clinic location.
Call KelseyCare Concierge at (713) 442-1377, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT.
If you have a chronic condition or complex care needs, Scott and White Health Plan
can provide case management services. Case managers help you make arrangements for necessary services. Request a screening to see if Complex Case Management is a good fit for your needs.
Scott and White Health Plan also offers a Shared Decision Making program for conditions that may have different treatment options. Health coaches can help you decide what treatment you would like for a wide range of health issues, including:
- coronary heart disease, including decisions about bypass surgery and angioplasty;
- back pain, such as non-specific back pain, spinal stenosis and herniated disc;
- uterine fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding and other conditions that can often lead to hysterectomy;
- men's health, including benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer and PSA testing;
- breast cancer, including decisions about surgery, radiation therapy, prescription drug therapy and reconstruction;
- end-of-life care, including advance directives and
- obesity and/or weight-loss treatments, therapies, or surgery.
Call Scott and White Health Plan toll-free at (800) 321-7947, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT.