Prepare now for Summer Enrollment 2019, which takes place in late June or early July, depending on your enrollment phase (see below
One thing you can do to prepare is to verify your personal information. For example, you may have moved this year. Make sure ERS has your latest contact information. If it’s not updated, you might not get important benefits information from us.
- Go to the ERS home page at ers.texas.gov
- Click on “My Account Login,” the brown button in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you have registered your ERS OnLine, click “Proceed to login,” where you can then sign in to your account. (If you haven’t registered, click “Register Now” and follow the steps to do so.)
- Enter your Username and Password. Your individual home page should come up.
- Review and update your personal information, including your mailing address.
- If you made any changes, check to make sure you entered them all correctly. Accidentally typing, say, “12411 Broad Blvd.” instead of “13411 Broad Blvd.” could mean someone down the street gets your Summer Enrollment packet.
You will receive a confirmation email or letter for all changes you may make.
To make sure ERS mails your Summer Enrollment packet to your latest address, please update your contact information with ERS by 5 p.m. CT on May 31, 2019.
When can you make changes to your benefits?
Summer Enrollment occurs in stages, based on where you work. During your agency’s or institution’s two-week phase, you can make or change your benefit elections (see box). No changes? No worries. You don’t need to participate in Summer Enrollment and your benefit elections won’t change.
If you do want to make changes, you can do so in one of three ways:
- Sign in to your ERS OnLine account;
- contact your benefits coordinator or human resources department
- or call ERS.