There are many ways we can help protect our planet. We can guard against wasting water. We can maintain our cars to reduce emissions. And, we can get our health plan’s explanations of benefit (EOBs) forms sent to us electronically, rather than get paper versions in the mail. In addition to reducing the administrative and postal costs for the health plans, going paperless helps reduce the clutter in our lives, which can lead to better peace of mind.
If you’re in HealthSelect of TexasSM
, HealthSelect Out-of-State or Consumer Directed HealthSelect, you get an EOB from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) every time they process a claim. Did you know BCBSTX can provide these documents electronically in your Blue Access for MembersSM
When you choose to go paperless, you’ll get notifications via email or SMS (whichever you prefer) letting you know when claims have been processed and will no longer receive EOBs in the mail.
You can go paperless through Blue Access for Members or your BCBSTX mobile app by taking the following steps:
Blue Access for Members
- Go to www.healthselectoftexas.com/ and
- Click on “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you already have a Blue Access for Members account, log in.
- To create an account, click “Register Now” and use your medical ID card to create an account.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Select “Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Choose to “Go Paperless.”
- Provide or update contact information and language preference.
- Select the type of notifications you want and whether you want to receive alerts or reminders.
BCBSTX Mobile App
- Log in to your BCBSTX mobile app.
- Press “More” in the bottom right corner,
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose “Account Preferences.”
- Select the toggle to “Go Paperless.”
- Scroll down and click “Save Preferences.”
If you have any questions, call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT and Saturday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. CT.
Scott and White Health Plan
Unless they opt out, Scott and White Health Plan participants already get EOBs electronically by logging into the Member Portal from the plan website.
To register for online access:
Participants with an account should:
- Go to ers.swhp.org and click the “LOG IN” button on the top right corner of the home page.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button located below the “LOG IN” box. You will need the ID number that’s on your medical ID card or Social Security Number, and your date of birth to complete registration.
- Click “LOG IN” and enter your user name and password.
- Click “Claims” from the menu on the left. On the Claims page, select the name of the participant you want to view claims for, from the dropdown menu. In the “Claim No.” column of the claims display, click on the blue highlighted claim number to see your EOB (EOBs are added on a monthly basis). If your EOB is not yet available, click on the blue highlighted claims amount in the “Paid by Plan” column to see a quick snapshot of your claim.
Scott and White Health Plan will not mail a paper EOB unless you take the following steps to opt-out of electronic delivery:
- Log in to your account.
- Click “Update Preferences.”
- Check the Paper Delivery box next to “Explanation of Benefits” under Claims Preferences.
If you have trouble logging in or seeing your claims information online, please call our customer advocates toll-free at (800) 321-7947, seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.
To learn about paperless options in the other health plans contact:
Community First Health Plans
at (210) 358-6262 (TTY: (210) 358-6080), Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT.
KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice
toll free at (844) 515-4877 or local (713) 295-6792
(TTY:771) Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT