Dental health is a key part of your overall health and requires routine trips to the dentist. The State of Texas Dental Discount PlanSM is not insurance, it provides discounted fees negotiated with over 6,000 dental offices in Texas and offers services from routine cleanings to surgical procedures.
- This plan is not dental insurance. It is a discount plan. There are no claims to file.
- You do not need to choose a primary care dentist, but you must use a participating dentist to receive a discounted price.
- There are no deductibles are copayments. Participating dentists accept a discounted fee as payment-in-full for dental services performed.
- Most dental work including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings, and major work such as dentures, root canals, and crowns are discounted between 20-60%.
- You can save 20% savings on orthodontics including braces and retainers for children and adults and 20% discount off specialist fees.
- You will receive discounts on cosmetic services like bonding, veneers and whitening.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees and dependents. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You and your dependents must enroll in the same dental plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 31 days of employment. There is no waiting period.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during Annual Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year.