A balanced financial plan is like a three-legged stool. All three legs are needed to provide stable income security in retirement:
- Your state retirement (annuity payment),
- Social Security, and
- Personal savings and investments like the Texa$aver 401(k) and 457 Plans, Roth accounts, and other Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
Along with your pension and Social Security income, you can save through the Texa$aver Program to have the additional income you need when you retire.
Advantages of participation in Texa$aver
Contributions to Texa$aver may be deducted from your monthly paycheck before (traditional) or after (Roth) income taxes are taken out.
Texa$aver is a low-cost program.
- Low investment fees keep more of your retirement money working for you.
- Texa$aver offers you investment products that are competitively priced compared to many retail mutual funds.
- Some funds offer attractive reimbursements to participants.
Texa$aver offers flexible, easy account management.
Quick and easy transfers among investment options.
- No paperwork needed to transfer your assets among the investment products.
- Transfers made online or by phone are processed within 24 hours.
Example of Investing
It is never too early or too late to begin saving. As you can see by looking at the chart, the sooner you start saving, the more you will have when you retire.
* These are estimates based on regular monthly deposits earning 8% interest. These rates are for illustration only and do not represent actual or guaranteed rates of return.
Even after monthly contributions stop, your money will continue to grow.