- Explains laws, rules, and procedures governing benefits eligibility and enrollment for the Group Benefits Program and the TexFlex Program.
- Verifies eligibility criteria of all participant types.
- Reviews applications for benefits and related legal documents for compliance, accuracy and completeness.
- Processes applications/forms for benefit enrollment and personal information changes and corrections.
- Processes corrections to complex electronic benefit enrollment data using high security access.
- Assists customers with electronic processing of enrollment and change data.
- Updates files and analyzes enrollment and financial records to determine coverage and eligibility of members.
- Analyzes information from reports and outside sources to monitor benefits eligibility.
- Audits benefits enrollment, financial data and vendor reports to identify and correct discrepancies.
- Conducts detailed reconciliation using multiple sources and reports.
- Compiles data and prepares routine or special correspondence as needed.
- Effectively and respectfully communicates with customers, team members, supervisors and other ERS Staff.
- Responds to telephone inquiries, emails, and written correspondence from customers and internal staff.
- Participates in team discussions regarding benefits, process improvements, and team objectives.
- Prioritizes daily workload to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, plus 60 semester hours of college credit. Each year of related work experience over the minimum requirement may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit.
- Two (2) years accounting, benefits, or payroll experience.
- Experience using a computer to access an integrated information system to retrieve, research, and provide information.
- Experience communicating policies and procedures verbally and through written correspondence.
- Must exhibit strong analytical skills and experience applying analytical procedures.
- Experience working in a multi-task work environment.
- Two (2) years’ experience with ERS insurance and retirement benefits.
- Two (2) years’ experience using PeopleSoft benefits administration.
- Two (2) years’ customer service experience.
Work is performed in an office environment. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
There are no Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes for this job classification. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx