These are temp-to-hire positions. As a temp-to-hire you will initially be employed by a temporary staffing agency to fulfill a work assignment at ERS.
To be considered for one of these temp-to-hire positions, send your resume as a Word document with subject line "ERS Contact Center" to one of the following staffing agencies:
Evins Personnel Consultants: Recruiting@HRnetconnection.com
As an ERS employee, Benefit Counselors receive a competitive benefit and compensation package valued at $5,528 / month.
Starting Salary: $4,100 / month
Benefits Value: $1,428+ / month
o Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
o Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
o Medical Insurance
o Optional Benefits such as dental, vision, and life insurance
o 8 hours sick leave per month
o 8 hours vacation per month with potential to earn more with longevity
o Additional PTO earning opportunities
o EAP services
In addition to the above compensation and benefits package, the hours of operation in the ERS Contact Center are 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. This means no weekends or shift work! ERS closes for 9 holidays throughout the year, including Thanksgiving Day and the day after, as well as Christmas Eve through the Day after Christmas.
ERS employees receive free parking in the area, and we are in walking distance of many different bus routes, other public transportation options, different restaurants, and downtown Austin events and venues.
The ERS Contact Center is devoted to providing ongoing career learning and skill development for its Benefit Counselors.
Who We Are:
The Employees Retirement System of Texas administers the benefits for State of Texas employees, retirees, and some employees of higher education institutions. These benefits, funded by participating members and the state, are an investment in the state workforce. More than 541,500 people rely on these benefits daily!
The ERS Contact Center is the front line in supporting our members as they navigate day to day decisions related to their benefits. We strive to provide supportive education and guidance to our members and their families as they move through all stages of life and career.
Who Are You:
We our looking for Benefits Counselors to work in our Contact Center providing exemplary insurance and retirement benefit education, problem solving, and guidance to our members over the phone.
To be successful as a Benefits Counselor, you will have a passion for serving people and be able to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a supportive team.
Successful candidates will:
What you will do:
- Have a strong sense of self awareness
- Be adaptable
- Be problem solvers
- Have a proven track record of good judgment and decision making at work
- Be hungry for feedback and have a professional approach to implementing it
- Be interested in personal and professional growth
As a Benefits Counselor in our Contact Center, you will work in a fast-paced environment answering moderately complex incoming inquiries through telephone calls and email from Texas state employees and retirees with questions regarding health, dental, and life insurance benefits, retirement eligibility, and retirement or benefits problem resolution issues. Benefits Counselors educate employees and retirees and promote other ERS services that support members. Work is performed under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Efficiently answers questions, educates, and counsels ERS members regarding state employee benefits programs, including insurance, retirement, online tools, and any ERS related matters.
- Communicates tactfully and provides information in a clear and concise manner. Manages communication style to match customers with various levels of knowledge and experience.
- Uses sound decision-making and judgment skills and appropriately applies and interprets existing law, pending legislation, rules, policies and procedures.
- Promotes ERS related tools, services, and programs.
- Provides exceptional service as defined by customer service guidelines.
- Assists customer service leadership with handling moderately complex member inquiries.
- Provides moderate training support to other customer service personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.