- Prepares entries to record contributions from other sources such as TexNet and interagency transaction vouchers (ITV).
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations between the ERS general ledger and the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations between the ERS general ledger and other sources.
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes that affect management of funds and assists in preparation and implementation of the Method of Finance (MOF).
- Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and bi-annual reports in accordance with the guidelines and requirements published by the Comptroller of Public Accounts and the Legislative Budget Board (LBB), which consist of:
- ERS Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR)
- Base Reconciliation
- Operating Budget
- Agency’s fiscal notes
- Agency’s Certifications
- ABEST/USAS Reconciliations
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with special legislative requests and other special projects.
- Data entry of accounting transactions into the ERS financial systems and into USAS.
- May backup the General Accounting Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in accounting. Each year (30 semester hours) of college credit can substitute for one year of work experience with a maximum substitution of four years.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Word), is required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field is preferred with 20 hours of college accounting courses.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Accounting experience with a Texas state agency.
- Experience with the Comptroller of Public Accounts Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or for additional information.
|36B – Financial Management Technician
||36A – Financial Manager
|PS – Personnel Specialist
||651X – LDO Supply Corps
|420 – Storekeeper
||31 – Financial Management
|3451 – Financial Management Resource Analyst
||8844 – Financial Management Specialist
|6F0X1 – Financial Management and Comptroller
||65FX – Financial Management
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx