The Employees Retirement System (ERS) supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! Our mission is to offer competitive benefits to enhance the lives of our members. Our Human Resources division is seeking an experienced HR Specialist to perform complex Human Resources management work including performance management, applicant screening and tracking, classification review and compliance, salary actions, and assisting with training and development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a critical eye for attention to detail, initiative to explore new ideas, and enjoy working in a team environment.
ERS promotes a strong work-life balance while driving employee excellence through professional development, a collaborative working environment and a competitive benefits package.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Assist with classification reviews to ensure proper classification, research market data; assist with classification audits; and may provide coordination and assistance with job analysis requests.
- Prepare, review and maintain up-to-date job descriptions in electronic and paper files. Coordinate with supervisors on job description development, maintenance and appropriate classification as related to the SAO Classification Plan, and federal and agency requirements.
- Review, verify, process, and maintain personnel related documentation for internal and external candidate selections and personnel salary actions according to HR procedures, policies and statues.
- Perform and prepare salary compensation data reports and classification compliance audits for management and for decision making.
- Review and process agency performance evaluations and ensure compliance with the SAO Classification Plan, FLSA, and agency policies.
- Enter performance evaluation rating data into agency system.
- Process and produce monthly completion/delinquent reports and distribute to agency management and leadership team.
- Screen and review employment applications; evaluates applicant qualifications; and refer qualified applicants to appropriate hiring manager.
- Assist with entering and maintaining data into applicant tracking systems and reporting databases.
- Review, verify, and process hire selections and ensure documents are in compliance with EEO policies, agency policies, and department procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with hiring managers on any discrepancies or documentation needed for processing internal and external hire selections.
- Perform research on training opportunities and offerings based on Agency’s strategic plan and/or initiatives, and provide and present analysis and recommendations to HR team.
- Perform electronic and paper records in accordance to record retention policy and departmental procedures. File materials into personnel files; maintain and organize records and documents.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in human resource management, business or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Four (4) years of experience in highly complex human resource management work must include all of the following:
- Experience in researching job market and human resources related topics.
- Experience performing data and job analysis and reporting.
- Experience disseminating and interpreting governmental statues and organizational policies to various audiences.
- Two (2) years recent (2015 and after) experience in classification and compensation reviews and screening applications for hiring selections.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP.
- Recent work experience in a governmental human resources capacity where primary function included use of SAO classification plan for recruitment, hiring, and performance evaluations activities.
- Experience with CAPPS Recruit
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org