The Employees Retirement System supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! Our Customer Benefits Division is looking for a Program & Policy Compliance Officer to perform highly responsible planning, research, and management work by overseeing program implementation. In this role you will review and evaluate policies, rules, and regulations across benefit program areas for program compliance. The Program & Policy Compliance Officer has the opportunity to impact change by recommending necessary legislation, board rule changes and policy statements to management. The ideal candidate is an experienced program administrator with thorough knowledge of benefit programs and relevant state and federal laws.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Coordinates and oversees the implementation of new group benefit program (GBP) vendors for the Customer Benefits division.
- Actively participates in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor selection process for all GBP and monitors compliance with policies and procedures.
- Researches and analyzes issues before, during and after program implementations and report the data to internal staff and vendors.
- Develops program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations and monitors compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with other departments and divisions (both internal and external) to identify and assist in directing compliance issues to appropriate staff/channels for investigation and resolution.
- Communicates with and provides updates to staff and leadership on a regular basis.
- Conducts and attends meetings regularly.
- Interact with GBP vendors to develop positive working relationships.
- Assists in developing and monitoring plan design for all benefit programs.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and provides general guidance for resolution.
- Determines trends and makes recommendations to resolve operational and customer service issues.
- Conducts special investigations, program analysis, and research studies and recommends improvements.
- Oversees the preparation of program management, reports and studies.
- Researches and analyzes legislation and provides input regarding impact on benefit programs and staff.
- Assists in developing, and interpreting new or revised Board Rules, state and federal regulations and policy statements to determine whether division procedures, policies and programs are in compliance and necessary.
- Interprets, evaluates and analyzes planning material for contractual compliance and disseminates information appropriately.
- Evaluates agency functions and activities being considered for conversion to contract operations.
- Provides consultation on planning, design, and implementation of projects.
- Provides statistical and status reports to division management.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in business, public administration or related field. Each year of related experience beyond the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit.
- Four (4) years’ experience in programmatic or organizational development work.
- Two (2) experience in solicitation development, review or compliance work.
- Two (2) years of experience developing and implementing program or organizational policies and procedures or strategic objectives; interpreting state and federal laws, regulations and/or rules; and explaining program rules and regulations to the public.
- Professional experience with the ERS retirement program or other retirement programs.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. Must be able to travel outside the immediate area occasionally to attend conferences, seminars, and vendor site visits. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org