- Processes all purchase of service transactions. Reconciles payments and refunds of contribution for service purchases including lump sum and/or rollover payments to buy back service.
- Performs manual interest calculations and adjustments. Processes service and contribution adjustments for after tax and before tax contributions. Submits request for corrections to be made in the pension system.
- Researches errors and discrepancies in retirement contribution accounts and reports.
- Prioritizes work to meet and keep daily, weekly, monthly and yearly deadlines; plans daily work assignments and coordinates handling multiple tasks.
- Prepares written correspondence and responds to e-mail and telephone request from members, Benefit Coordinators and Payroll Officers relating to service purchases.
- Evaluates the authenticity of members’ records for service history and verifies service balances. Researches and verifies records through microfilmed history and pension system to determine eligibility for benefits.
- Performs analysis and testing of operational system to enhance system performance. Interacts with other divisional staff to achieve unit goal objectives including ensuring the accuracy of data corrections, including members’ service, social security numbers and other data.
- Works with Information Systems and Financial Systems Support (FSS) sections, to ensure that data fixes and/or corrections to member accounts are correct.
- Updates and reconciles daily and monthly service purchase and retirement contribution data, reviews internal reports using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Processes the daily funding and weekly extensions for the TexFlex program.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with special projects of unit.
- Assists as functional subject matter expert (SME) for review of procedures of the unit, communication materials, legislation and updates to automated systems.
- Assists in processing, monitor failure to deduct member contributions, and arranges for payments with the agency payroll coordinators and member.
- Assists with the processing of Texa$aver deferred compensation plan.
- Assists with processing eligible service transfers for elected state officials, Teacher Retirement System, and transfer to and from the state accumulation fund.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in accounting. Each year (30 semester hours) of college credit can substitute for one (1) year of work experience with a maximum substitution of one (1) year.
- Experience in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Word), is required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field with 20 hours of college accounting courses.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Accounting experience with a Texas state agency.
- Experience with the Comptroller of Public Accounts Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
with questions or for additional information.
|36B – Financial Management Technician
||36A – Financial Manager
|PS – Personnel Specialist
||651X – LDO Supply Corps
|420 – Storekeeper
||31 – Financial Management
|3451 – Financial Management Resource Analyst
||8844 – Financial Management Specialist
|6F0X1 – Financial Management and Comptroller
||65FX – Financial Management
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx