- Performance Measurement and Reconciliation
- The delivery of complex investment performance results to investment staff and management.
- Interact regularly with investment staff to research, analyze, and resolve queries. Identify and research discrepancies through to resolution.
- Prepare reports and respond to inquiries, on both a recurring and ad hoc basis, for internal and external clients.
- Assist risk team with the investigation of anomalies in attribution/contribution reports used in the analysis of performance
- Understand Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) implications relative to role.
- Monitor data feed from/into various systems, such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Eagle Investment Systems.
- Reconcile daily price exception, missing price & stale price reports. Research and resolve/explain exceptions.
- Oversee data and report management services provided by various service providers including custodian bank, consultants, and other analytics providers. Coordinate data collection, storage, quality control, and report storage.
- Recommend solutions to identified issues that will drive higher levels of data quality and completeness.
- Works closely with IS team on monitoring data file flow and on the resolution of data flow failures.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, economics, statistics or a related field is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another, on a year for year basis, if experience includes full-time experience in accounting, financial analysis, investment performance measurement or related areas requiring compilation, reconciliation and/or analysis of detailed financial information.
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) or CIPM candidate. Completion of Level 1.
- Three (3) years’ experience full-time in performance measurement and analysis.
- Two (2) years’ experience in data management or monitoring the integrity of data used in complex systems, especially performance systems. (Experience may be concurrent.)
- Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet and Eagle STAR and PACE or other data warehouse.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
with questions or for additional information.
|36A – Financial Manager
||31 – Financial Management
|FIN10 – Finance
||3404 – Financial Management Officer
|8844 – Financial Management Specialist
||6F0X1 – Financial Management and Comptroller
|65FX – Financial Management
||65WX – Cost Analysis
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx