Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with members of the Public Equity Teams as well as the outside Advisors to execute equity transactions, including the determination of the; timing, order size, price level, method of execution and executing broker.
- Tracks broker commissions to ensure that commission allocations conform to the quarterly broker vote results.
- Performs pre-trade and post-trade analysis of trades to evaluate trading costs and execution efficiency.
- Operates trading software to effectively execute and record all transactions.
- Performs research on technical aspects of equity price movements.
- Assists in maintaining documentation for trade decisions.
- Communicates efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner through a variety of channels, both verbally and in writing.
- Attends training seminars and conferences as appropriate to maintain skills.
- Complies with ERS Investment Policy, which includes the CFA Institute (CFAI) Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of 24 semester hours in finance, economics, accounting or a combination thereof. Each year of related experience over the minimum may substitute for 12 semester hours of the specific course work requirement.
- Two (2) years’ experience in equity trading, equity settlement, and/or analysis of equity securities.
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Word, and Bloomberg or other business productivity related software.
- Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics or accounting.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, economics or accounting; or graduate studies in finance.
- Current participation in Chartered Market Technician program (CMT) or CMT designation.
- Experience in an institutional investment environment.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in making oral presentations as part of regular duties.
- Three (3) years of experience using NASDAQ level II, ECN/ATS platforms, crossing networks, and similar tools.
Work is performed in an office environment. Domestic and international travel may be required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed for this position. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx