February 3, 2018
You or your employees may end up with extra cash in your pocket
By law, institutions, businesses and government entities in Texas are required to report any unclaimed personal property to the state. And so far, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has returned more than $2 billion in unclaimed property to its rightful owners.
You or your employees could be one of those owners. Unclaimed assets include:
- dividend, payroll or cashier's checks
- stocks, bonds or mutual fund accounts
- utility deposits and other refunds
- bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
- insurance proceeds
- mineral interest or royalty payments
- court deposits, trust funds or escrow accounts
- overpayments on insurance, utilities and other bills
It only takes a minute to search for property you may not know is there. Search at ClaimItTexas.org
. You can also call toll-free (800) 654-3463 Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.