The ERS building will be closed to the public—including ERS members—until further notice.
- Our customer service representatives will be available by phone and email, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that you might not need to call or email. You can make some changes and do other business in your self-service ERS OnLine account—24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We apologize if you have experienced long wait times and understand how frustrating that can be. Please know that our representatives are working to attend to every caller’s needs as completely and efficiently as possible.
- We will continue to pay annuities and insurance claims as usual.
- We will continue to accept payments and required forms through the drop box at the front of the ERS building.
- Scheduled retirement counseling session appointments will be conducted over the phone.
- We will be conducting all upcoming benefits education sessions—such as our popular “Ready, Set, Retire!” and “Medicare Preparation” presentations—via webinar. Please see the ERS events calendar or contact your agency’s or institution’s benefits coordinator for more information.
As the situation evolves, ERS may need to make additional changes to its customer service in the coming days and weeks. We’ll post updates to this page as needed.
Your health plan
ERS is working with health plan administrators to assist State of Texas employees, retirees and their families who may be affected by the virus. Learn more about the COVID-19 and your health plan.
All ERS health plans cover COVID-19 vaccination at 100%. That means health plan participants should not have to pay anything out of pocket to be vaccinated against COVID-19, once it is available to them. (Everyone, whether or not they have health insurance, should be able to get the vaccine at no cost, when it is available to them.) Contact your health plan, primary care provider or other health care provider to discuss your options for getting vaccinated for COVID-19. Learn more about the vaccine and find links to helpful resources.
There have been changes to flexible spending account (FSA) rules. Learn more about these TexFlex changes.
There have been changes to the Texa$aver program rules. Learn more about these Texa$aver changes.