Need help managing your weight?
Managing your weight can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know where to start. Your HealthSelectSM
plan includes weight management programs at no additional cost. Whether you’re spending more time at home or getting back to a routine, it’s the perfect time to focus on taking care of yourself.
Know your options
As a HealthSelect participant, you have two weight management program options to choose from: Naturally Slim
or Real Appeal
If you have a BMI of 23 or higher, you and your covered dependents 18 years or older are eligible to participate in one program at a time, at no cost to you. Both programs offer courses, coaching and other virtual activities, but they do have different approaches.
As you consider which program is right for you, ask yourself about your learning style and lifestyle. To help you decide, visit the Weight Management Programs page
on the HealthSelect website to learn about the key features of each program.
Small habits that create noticeable impacts to your weight
To create habits that will have a lasting and noticeable health impact, try these four tips, courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Drink more water. Staying hydrated will help your focus and give you energy while helping digestion, circulation and transportation of nutrients.
- Go for a walk each day. Taking a walk each day burns calories and may also decrease the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes.
- Serve yourself a plate, then put away the serving dish. Reducing your temptation and ease of access to a second or third serving will reduce your chances of overeating.
- Try adding less sugar to your breakfast coffee, tea or green drink. After a while, you won’t notice the difference, and you’ll have greatly cut your sugar intake.
Find other ideas on how to maintain a healthy weight at the CDC’s Healthy Weight webpage
Other wellness resources
In addition to weight management tools, you have access to other wellness resources at no cost as a HealthSelect participant. See the Health and Wellness page
of the HealthSelect website to learn about:
- care management programs,
- tobacco cessation,
- the Fitness Program,
- Blue 365 incentives and
- Well onTarget® self-directed courses.
Complete your online health assessment to get a personal wellness report with recommended goals and action steps. And you can earn 2,500 Blue PointsSM
just for completing the health assessment.
Making changes toward a healthier lifestyle is not always easy, but small steps can make a difference. Take a step toward your goals today.