Tax season is still a few months away, but it is always good to be prepared. Here is a brief reminder about the forms and information you may need to file your return.
Form 1095-B: Proof of medical coverage
Form 1095-B contains information you may use on your individual tax return to verify that you (and any covered dependents) had medical insurance in 2020. Keep in mind you do not need to provide the IRS with a copy of your Form 1095-B–your health plan will send them this information electronically. And remember: You aren’t taxed on your health coverage. The 1095 forms are just to show you had coverage in the last year.
When and how to get Form 1095-B
If you had non-Medicare health insurance through the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) in Calendar Year 2020 (January-December), your GBP provider will make Form 1095-B available to you by mail and/or upon request by the end of March.
Depending on your health plan, you can get Form 1095-B from the plan administrator, as indicated below:
- HealthSelectSM plans will mail you Form 1095-B. You can also log in to your Blue Access for MembersSM account to get your form or request it from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) with the contact information below.
- Scott and White Care Plans (SWCP): You can log in to SWCP’s member portal site and use your existing username and password to sign in and access your tax form. (Please note that the SWCP site has a new look, including the login page.) You can also request the form from SWCP (contact information below).
- Community First Health Plans will mail you Form 1095-B. You can also request Form 1095-B from Community First Health Plans (contact information below).
GBP health provider contact information
If you need to request a copy of Form 1095-B, you can contact your GBP health plan administrator toll-free at the following numbers:
- BCBSTX: (800) 252-8039, Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. CT
- Community First Health Plans: (877) 698-7032 (TTY: (210) 358-6262), Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT
- Scott and White Care Plans: (800) 321-7947, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT
Health savings account (HSA) tax forms
If you had any activity related to your Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM HSA in Calendar Year 2020 (January-December)–including making or getting contributions, or using funds to pay for or reimburse yourself for health expenses–your HSA tax forms (1099-SA and 5498-SA) are typically available online at the end of January from Optum Bank, administrator of Consumer Directed HealthSelect HSAs.
- To access your HSA forms, log in to your Optum Bank HSA account and view the “Statements and Docs” section.
- If you have questions, call Optum Bank HSA toll-free at (866) 234-8913, 24 hours a day, seven days a week (excluding major U.S. holidays).