Dependent Term Life for Active Employees
If you enroll in a health plan through ERS, you automatically get basic term life. As a result, you can apply to enroll your eligible dependents in term life insurance.
- Dependent Term Life Insurance pays you $5,000 if one of your covered dependents dies. Coverage includes $5,000 in accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
- Participants have access to Lifestyle Benefits value-added services.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- You may enroll a spouse and/or unmarried children under age 26.
- During your first 31 days of employment, you can enroll your eligible dependents without evidence of insurability (EOI). After your first month on the job, you can apply to enroll them with EOI during Summer Enrollment or with a qualifying life event (QLE).
- One monthly premium covers all eligible dependents. Make sure every eligible dependent is listed on the policy.
- A child may have "double coverage"—they can be enrolled in coverage under two parents eligible for the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP).