How to apply
Ready to join the dedicated, customer-focused team at ERS? Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job posting to be considered for a position. If you meet minimum qualifications, complete an application for each vacancy by the closing date.
If this is the first time you are applying using the CAPPS Recruit online job application follow the steps below:
- Create an CAPPS Recruit account to build a profile.
- View the current job opportunities table.
- Click on the Job title you are interested in.
- Click on the "Apply" link found on the individual job posting page.
Note: Applicants must have their own email address to apply.
Create an application
After you create your account and build a profile in CAPPS Recruit you can complete an application to apply for ERS jobs.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications should contain complete job histories, including job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed.
- Include all relevant education and experience.
- Your Work History should reflect how you meet minimum and preferred qualifications (listed in the job posting), and relevant skills and abilities specific to each of your previous positions.
- “See attached” or “See resume” in lieu of detailed descriptions will not be considered.
- ERS does not accept resumes in lieu of a complete job application; however you can attach your resume as a supplement.
- Additional documents (college transcripts, DD214, writing samples, etc.) are often required during the application process. Attach any required additional documents as supplements to your completed online application.
After you submit your application
After you have submitted an application you will receive a confirmation email from CAPPS Recruit acknowledging your application submission. Our selection process may take several weeks up to a few months to complete.
Check application status
Log in to your CAPPS Recruit account to view and track your application status.
For assistance, email ERS Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted through Work in Texas
If you apply for an ERS position via Work in Texas, you will also need to complete a supplemental questions form. For more details, refer to the instructions in the email you receive from CAPPS Recruit to create your profile.
ERS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.