Seeking Support Specialist to perform program support, moderately complex (journey-level) consultative services and technical assistance work for the Investments Division. Work involves planning, developing, and implementing an agency program and providing consultative services and technical assistance to program staff, other agencies, key stakeholders, or the general public. May provide guidance to others. The ideal candidate will have general knowledge of business concepts, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments while working independently.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for updating the BNY Mellon Signature Card/Letter both on an annual basis and as needed; when there have been changes in the signature authority, resignation or retirement of signers.
- Updates and maintains ERS contact lists for private market funds including fund closings.
- Monitors and updates internal and external website as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates employee training log for the Investments Division.
- Coordinates various compliance requests that may include monitoring and maintaining restricted trade lists along with preparation of various reports used by either ERS or other governmental agencies.
- Maintains divisional gift log for compliance purposes including the determination of value of gifts and the distribution of gifts in accordance with applicable ERS policy.
- Implements the records management program for the division as the Records Coordinator.
- Disseminates mail for the Investments Division.
- Responsible for FedEx mailing of overnight documents for both Administration and Operations teams.
- Responsible for ordering calendars and business cards for the division.
- Reconciles the training credit report for the division.
- Provides backup to staff that support the quarterly ERS board meetings.
- Provides backup for the division’s key operator on critical office and kitchen equipment.
- Responds to routine inquiries and applies interpretations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serves as backup to receptionist in greeting visitors and answering busy multi-line phone.
- Serves as backup to Investment Scheduler.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of administrative support experience related to the position.
- Attainment of a four-year college degree in a related field will substitute for required experience.
- Two (2) years performing each of the following:
- Composing routine correspondences
- Establishing and maintaining records
- Researching data using various systems
- Typing reports containing statistical or technical information.
- One (1) year of experience using word processing and spreadsheet software.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience in an administrative role within an institutional investment organization or similar environment.
- Experience using discretion in handling confidential or sensitive matters.
- Experience with the following computer applications: Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; database management.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply.
Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists, or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please, contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
Visit the State Auditor’s office webpage for access to additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting. (The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.) Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions.