The Employees Retirement System (ERS) supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! Our Customer Service Division has an open entry-level position performing retirement or benefits program assistance work. Work involves maintaining and updating member benefits records, assisting in determining benefits eligibility, and assisting members with retirement or benefits program inquiries. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain more experience.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Processes retirement documents and approves retirements for all service classes.
- Researches, verifies and processes member’s retirement account withdrawals.
- Researches, verifies and processes member’s beneficiary designations.
- Counsels and assists members regarding benefit programs.
- Researches and responds to customer requests and inquiries. Updates member information in the systems and tracks member interactions.
- Prepares standard correspondence relating to benefit programs.
- Analyzes scans and uploads documents in the system by allocating to proper business workflow.
- Maintains records, files and reports.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates work with other sections and divisions.
- May train others.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, plus 30 hours of college/university credit. Each year of related work experience over the minimum required may be substituted for one year (30 hours) of college/university credit.
- One (1) year general office, accounting, benefits or payroll experience.
- One (1) year of experience using a PC to research, retrieve and provide information.
- One (1) year of experience using MS Office products such as Word or Excel.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- College courses in a field relevant to assignment.
- Experience with research and analytical experience using electronic data, procedures, statutes or policy statements.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
There are no Military Occupational Specialty codes associated with this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
with questions or for additional information.