Who we are
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) administers the retirement and group health benefit programs for the employees and retirees of State of Texas agencies and some higher education institutions. These programs are an investment in the state workforce, funded by participating members and the state. The benefits help ensure that Texas has the workers needed to provide services Texans rely on daily. These benefits contribute to the financial security and overall well-being of State of Texas employees, retirees and their families and help to make Texas a great place to live, work and visit.
What we need
A self-managed leader that will thrive in a fast-paced business environment who is a strategic visionary and can collaborate with individuals by developing and maintaining strong working relationships. Someone that is customer focused, can easily identify and understand customer needs, anticipate customer impact, and effectively communicate as appropriate to different audiences. You must be an analytical thinker, a self-starter, have a keen eye for detail, have strong organization and communication skills, and be motivated to meet the demands of customer requests. You will serve as the division’s technical lead for system changes and project implementations, which will require you to lead meetings, make quick business decisions, and work with leadership throughout the agency. Work involves gathering, developing, and assisting with documentation of user requirements; reviewing, assessing, and developing business processes; creating and validating user acceptance testing; performing post-implementation support of systems; providing research and special project support; and providing technical assistance to internal staff and external agencies and vendors.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
What you will do
Serve as Customer Benefits business integration liaison to Information Systems (IS):
- Serve as the division’s technical lead on system changes and project implementation.
- Manage the customer service request life cycle and determine viable system release dates and coordinate with other divisions.
- Review and edit requests from users for proposed system changes and additions to determine project scope.
- Evaluate and disseminates information received from multiple sources, analyzes and validates data received, and translates information into details based on audience and customer need.
- Identify and approve system requirements necessary for project implementation.
- Update set up tables in the PeopleSoft system.
- Work with IS Staff in designing and implementing methods to meet the needs of the agency and in prioritizing work orders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, to identify and document business need, initiate projects, obtain authorization and commitment, and demonstrate project feasibility.
- Identify and resolve issues and risks associated with approved projects; identify potential project risks and difficulties, and design strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Compose system enhancement requests.
- Monitor and manage project quality to ensure project deliverables are acceptable.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality by developing test plans, validating results, and coordinating testing efforts with QC and end users.
- Provide guidance to end users on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve objectives.
- Analyze, document, and test new or existing business processes and procedures for process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review business processes and practices and make recommendations to streamline functions, reduce customer elapsed wait time, and improve the overall customer service experience.
- Communicate project information and system changes effectively to management and impacted areas.
- Identify appropriate communication that needs to be relayed to agencies, members, and retirees regarding system changes or enhancements and coordinate that communication with the Customer Benefits Communication Coordinator.
- Research, analyze, and triage member and/or system issues.
- Communicates and explains laws, rules, and procedures governing member and retiree benefits, verbal or written, with agencies, members and retirees.
- Assists with gathering and organizing data, and drafting or editing division materials such as forms, manuals, letters, charts, policies, and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders, both internally and externally, in a respectful and productive manner.
As Business Analyst II performs functions as BA I and:
- Coordinates and completes complex, high profile projects,
- Assist with training new team members,
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) - Three (3) years of experience analyzing business requirements and transforming user requirements into functional requirement specifications.
- Two (2) - Three (3) years of experience gathering and documenting system process or procedures, as well as investigating and triaging technical/system issues.
- One (1) year of experience in systems analysis.
There are no preferred qualifications for this posting.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com