Our Information Systems division is seeking an experienced Enterprise Systems Team Lead to manage the server and storage infrastructure and the team which supports it. The Enterprise Systems Team Lead responsibilities will include training and supervising system administration personnel; project management and coordination; design, installation, administration, and security of enterprise computing systems and applications including VMware, Horizon View, Windows, AIX, Linux, Exchange, Active Directory, Identity and Access Management, hardware platforms, storage subsystems, SAN fabrics, load-balancers and other systems. The ideal candidate possesses excellent technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills, is detail-oriented, a self-starter and a team player as well as having strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Manage systems support staff including mentoring, leading, coaching and training to ensure achievement of Information Systems’ and agency goals and objectives and to inspire employee engagement and job satisfaction. Plan and schedule work including coordinating the activities of team members. Write and maintain objectives as well as performance plans and reviews for team members.
- Oversee and participate in design, implementation, administration and support of infrastructure systems, including VMware data-center products, Horizon View and related components, server and data storage systems (SAN/NAS), backup systems and operations, load-balancers and systems software. Ensure support, capacity, performance, reliability, security, usability and disaster preparedness of infrastructure systems.
- Oversee and participate in design, implementation, administration and support of platform systems, including Windows, Linux, AIX, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, identity and access management products, monitoring products, configuration management products and applications. Ensure support, capacity, performance, reliability, security, usability and disaster preparedness of platform systems.
- Research, assess and evaluate new, upgraded and developing systems and technologies to determine suitability for current and future agency enterprise computing needs. Evaluate system design for discrepancies and vulnerabilities; suggest and carry out improvements. Provide recommendations including new features, capacity and licensing requirements, high-availability, identity integration and risk assessment as appropriate.
- Oversee and participate in the development and documentation of best practices, operating procedures and guidelines and provide quality control through the application of standards and by ensuring that user requirements are met. Analyze existing procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the section budget and track purchasing and renewal status of existing and new systems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of ITSM standards, tools and methodologies.
- Develop, collect and analyze metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Perform on-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in data processing, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems or a related field. Each year of related experience or vocational schooling over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit
- Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise technology environment in a progressively more difficult role performing systems design, deployment, administration and support of VMware vSphere, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory and Enterprise Storage.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role, such as supervisor or team leader on teams designing, implementing and supporting enterprise technical solutions.
There are no preferred qualifications for this position.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com