The Employees Retirement System (ERS) supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! We are looking for an experienced Workforce Management Analyst to perform workforce management functions and duties. Functions include forecasting future customer contact volume, creating agent schedules to maximize service level goals, monitoring both real-time and long-term schedule adherence. Maintains and manages the workforce management database and processes special requests, exceptions to schedules, and time-off planning. Continually tracks real-time activities and adjusts forecasts and schedules to accommodate changes in workload to maximize service level performance across all queues. Develops and maintains departmental and employee productivity reporting using recognized industry standard key performance indicators and other relevant benchmarks. Works under limited supervision of the Customer Benefits Customer Service Manager with considerable latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
ERS promotes a strong work-life balance while driving employee excellence through professional development, a collaborative working environment and a competitive benefits package.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Develop forecasting, staffing, and capacity plans to maximize staff productivity to meet established service level goals.
- Analyze historical customer contact volume and staffing patterns to create forecasts and schedules to meet the projected volume of work for all channels and functions.
- Create special events/holiday volume forecasts and staffing plans to meet high contact demand
- Provide intra-day oversight, including real-time schedule adherence and anomalies in traffic to ensure operational targets are met.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and be responsible for the management, administration and technical governance of the IVR/ACD technology
- Manage contact routing and staffing in a multi-skilled, multi-channel, and multi-lingual environment.
- Develop strategies for outage and emergency situations.
- Maintain workforce management systems and integrity of Workforce and MIS data
- Develop and maintain departmental and employee productivity reporting using recognized industry key performance indicators.
- Capture and report on historical statistics including but not limited to service levels, occupancy, forecast accuracy, and schedule adherence, to support planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Provide reporting and analysis to ensure leadership team has information necessary to make the appropriate business decisions and optimize resources.
- Create strategic recommendations to improve contact center productivity and maintain or improve the overall costs/cost per contact.
- Act as liaison between workforce management vendor and ERS; IVR/ACD technology vendor and ERS.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of related experience over the minimum required can be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Four (4) years of Workforce Management experience, specific to forecasting, scheduling and intraday management.
- Two (2) years of experience writing standards of procedures, organizational policy, or manuals.
- Three (3) years of experience in developing customer contact or workload forecasts in a multi-channel, multi-skilled, and multi-site environment.
- Two (2) years of experience giving presentations to communicate technical knowledge, processes and procedures to audiences with varying levels of knowledge for the subject matter.
- One (1) year of experience gathering unstructured data to produce insights and regular reporting using Excel.
- One (1) year of experience in an industry recognized Workforce Management system.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Major course work from an accredited college or university in workforce planning, contact center management, production or project management.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org