Get support from HealthSelect in the Get Fit Texas! Challenge
The 2023 Get Fit Texas! Challenge is already underway, and you can still participate. The 10-week competition, administered by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), kicked off January 23 and ends April 2.
State employees are challenged to complete a minimum of 150 minutes of physical activity each week. It’s a great way to stay or get motivated to practice healthy habits this year!
Use the HealthSelectSM Fitness Program to meet the challenge
The HealthSelect Fitness Program gives access to a variety of gyms, as well as digital classes you can do from home. The digital content includes a variety of on-demand videos, live streams, workout and wellness videos and nutritional tutorials. This option is perfect if you don’t know where to start or how to keep your workout routine fresh.
To enroll online, log in to your Blue Access for Members account and click on the “Wellness” tab. From the Wellness page, click on the "Learn More" button under the Fitness Program section. You'll be redirected to Well onTarget. Or call (888) 762-BLUE (2583) toll-free, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT.
Fitness Program benefits include:
- flexible membership options with no long-term contract starting at just $19 a month for in-person memberships,
- unlimited access to the nationwide network of fitness centers,
- digital-only membership for just $10 a month,
- easy online enrollment; automatic monthly payment withdrawal,
- discounts on services from health and well-being professionals such as acupuncture, personal training, massage and more and
- Blue PointsSM earned when you enroll and track weekly visits.
ERS does not manage the Get Fit Texas! Challenge. As the administrator of state employee health insurance, we strongly support DSHS in encouraging state employees to get and stay active. It’s a great way to improve health and overall quality of life!