Mental and physical health go hand in hand. In fact, taking care of your mental health can sometimes improve your ability to take care of your physical health.
The Texas Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council this fall launched its redesigned Mental Health Texas website
to serve as a one-stop resource representing services available through more than 20 state-funded agencies.
The site features information on common topics such as anxiety, substance use and depression, as well as behavioral health resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Resources are organized in a user-friendly format and by population groups, including seniors.
Remember, your Texas Employees Group Benefits Program health plan includes coverage for mental health office visits, including virtual visits, and outpatient and inpatient treatment. For information, visit your plan’s website or call your plan toll-free:
- HealthSelect of Texas® and HealthSelectSM Secondary Nurseline: (800) 581-0368
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage: Humana First NurseLine: (800) 622-9529 (through December 31); UnitedHealthcare®: (855) 853-0453 (after January 1, 2021)
- KelseyCare Advantage Medicare HMO: (713) 442-2377 (through December 31)
- Community First Health Plans NurseLink: (210) 358-6262
- Scott and White Care Plans VitalCare Nurse Advice: (877) 505-7947