Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) has created this website to enhance public access to agency information. This service is continually under development. ERS strives to keep information on this site both timely and accurate.
All information collected or maintained by ERS is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code). Documents on this server contain hypertext pointers ("links") to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. ERS.
Use and Release of Information
For site security purposes and to ensure that the site remains available to all users, ERS uses software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
ERS uses one cookie for the web-based application. The cookie contains a session identification number. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Server Logs/Log Analysis Tools
All information collected or maintained by ERS is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code). Documents on this server contain hypertext pointers ("links") to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations.
The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User/client hostname – Hostname (or IP address, if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" – Type of browser used, the browser version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" – Page from which the user/client accessed the current page.
- System date – Date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request – Exact request the user/client made.
- Status – Status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length – Length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method – Request method used.
- Uniform Resource Identifier (URI or URL) – Location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URL – Anything after the question mark in a URL.
- Protocol – Transport protocol and version used.
ERS monitors network traffic for site security purposes and to ensure that the site remains available to all users. Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information on this site, or otherwise cause damage are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
Disclaimer: The ERS website is provided as a public service. Please note that users of this Web site are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, currency and/or suitability of all information. Information posted on the ERS Web site is current as of the posting date of the information. ERS makes no effort to independently verify and does not exert editorial control over information on pages outside of the domain. ERS makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information provided on this site. The inclusion of company or vendor names, or links to company or vendor names, does not in any way imply endorsement by ERS.