What's Happening Now?
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
Life and AD&D Insurance
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- State of Texas Dental Choice PlanSM Administered by Delta Dental
- DeltaCare USA DHMO Insured by Delta Dental
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
Texas Income Protection PlanSM (TIPP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
State of Texas Vision
- Administered by Superior Vision
Dependent Eligibility Verification
- Administered by Alight Solutions
Discount Purchase Program
- Administered by Beneplace
Benefits Coordinator Community Group
News and resources for benefits coordinators and HR professionals
Register with us
Doing Business with ERS
Vendors, Benefits Administrators, Investment Service Providers or External Advisors
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Get answers to questions about my ERS retirement
Small fitness goals can yield big resultsMarch 01, 2023
Let’s get physical! A burst of activity in your day has immediate and lasting rewards. Some local familiar faces tell you how to work in a workout anytime, anywhere.
Life-changing support through a holistic approachMarch 01, 2023
Did you know that your HealthSelectSM coverage includes a caregiving team of Texas-based nurses and social workers? Read how one team thought of needs beyond medicine to “ramp up” support for a Texan named John.
Get convenient, quality care, anywhereMarch 01, 2023
What do you do when you need medical care while camping? Find out how Julius used his HealthSelect of Texas® benefits and his smartphone to take care of his son Eli.
Important foods and nutrients for healthy eyesMarch 01, 2023
Eating a diet low in fat and rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains can help not only your heart but also your eyes. Put these eye-healthy foods to work for you. Here’s to eating your carrots – and your steak and eggs.
Knowledge is power! Complete your Health Assessment todayMarch 01, 2023
Before you set health goals, you have to know where you’re starting from. After your annual checkup, take the next step by taking the online health assessment. Here’s what’s in it for you.
Non-emergency transportation benefit for HealthSelect Medicare Advantage participantsMarch 13, 2023
Did you know that HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage preferred provider organization (MA PPO) plan participants have access to a non-emergency transportation benefit?
Who will be our next trustee?March 13, 2023
Nominations for potential ERS Board members ends on March 31.
Message from the executive directorMarch 13, 2023
The constancy of change—and ERS’ commitment to change for the better.
Take a “glance” at what ERS has accomplishedMarch 13, 2023
A look back at accomplishments and milestones from Fiscal Year 2022
The one thing we can all do todayIf we step back for a moment and focus on the one thing that is the most important to support our health, it may be our annual preventive exam. Here are a few reasons why this is an incredibly important step toward building and maintaining our health.March 13, 2023
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.