What's Happening Now?
For active employees and retirees not eligible for Medicare
We’re turning 75!
Share your memories
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelect Secondary Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect, administered by BCBSTXSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Kindness is good for youMay 04, 2022
Being kind to others can benefit your mental and physical health.
Boost your allergy season defensesMay 04, 2022
Allergy season, like an unwelcome guest at your door, is here. Your pharmacy benefits can help you put up your best defense.
If you struggle with thoughts or feelings that make it harder to get through your day, you’re not alone.
Texa$aver Thursday webinar May 19May 04, 2022
Ready to take control of your financial future? Texa$averSM is here to help! Tune in to ERS’ Texa$aver Thursday webinar May 19—and let a Texa$aver Retirement Plan Advisor show you how to jumpstart your personal savings plan.
The 2022 plan year for participants in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) is more than half over. If you’re enrolled in State of Texas Vision that means the clock is ticking for you to take full advantage of your PY22 benefits before they expire on August 31.
The Power of VulnerabilityMay 03, 2022
During May we will be providing opportunities to connect and explore topics related to mental health so we can all help to improve our workplace cultures across the state.
What are value-added benefits?March 07, 2022
Have you ever wondered how ERS and its health plan administrators can offer great extra benefits, like gym memberships, at no cost to you? Learn more about value-added benefits and the role they play in supporting your health.
Listen up: Not all hearing aids are equalHearing loss is common as you age. Fortunately, your health plan offers benefits for hearing assessments and hearing aids. Learn about your coverage and what to watch out for when evaluating hearing aids.March 07, 2022
Home health care: Understanding types and coverageAs you age, there may be times when you need specialized care at home after a hospital stay or injury, or maybe just a helping hand with daily tasks. Learn about the home health benefits available through your Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) health plan.March 07, 2022
Taking care of your health? Don't forget to get rewarded!March 07, 2022
If you’re staying active and remembering your annual check-up, you hopefully will be rewarded with good health. Why not get a little something extra for your effort? Read about incentive programs that reward you for wellness-related activities.
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.