What's Happening Now?
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Six steps to jumpstart your medical benefitsJanuary 11, 2023
Ever wonder what you can do to get more value from your medical plan? Following this six-step checklist is a great way to make the most of the tools and resources available to you and get the most value from your plan.
Set a goal for your Blue PointsJanuary 11, 2023
January is the perfect time to set goals for the year. Read about some ways you can set a goal that pushes you to keep your health and wellness resolutions and rewards you for your hard work.
ERS adopts rule amendment at its December board meetingJanuary 11, 2023
At its recent meeting, the ERS Board of Trustees adopted a rule amendment related to the death benefits for those in hazardous professions. Read the details of the change.
Better late than never for getting a flu shotJanuary 11, 2023
Starting the New Year off right means not fighting a case of the flu. Seasonal flu activity is elevated across the country, but it’s not too late to get vaccinated. Here’s how.
Get inspired to reach this year's health goalsJanuary 11, 2023
Looking to start a healthy habit this year? Get your #fitspo from the staff of TDCJ to improve health, lose weight and lower stress.
This retiree shares his tips for a healthy and happy post-work lifeDecember 05, 2022
Former ERS employee Naushad Ali is enjoying his post-career life. He shares a few tips on what's making his retirement happy and healthy.
Avoiding holiday scamsDecember 05, 2022
Beware of holiday shopping and charity scams and that can put a damper on a festive season. Here are some tips on what to watch out for.
Tax-time prep: 1099-R Form and 1095-B reminderDecember 05, 2022
Tax season is around the corner. Here is a refresher about tax-time forms related to your retirement and health care benefits.
Mental health support and resourcesDecember 05, 2022
If you or a loved one has feelings of anxiety, stress, isolation or depression, you’re not alone. Many Americans report the pandemic has had a big impact on their health. Here are some resources that may help.
ERS Board of Trustees election and call for nominationsDecember 05, 2022
Would you like to help make key decisions about the valuable benefits ERS provides? Consider joining the ERS Board of Trustees! Most state agency retirees are now eligible to apply. Nominations open March 1.
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.