What's Happening Now?
Plan Year 2024 Resources
for active employees and retirees not eligible for Medicare
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by EyeMed
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Changes to your Oct. 1 paycheckSeptember 06, 2023
Any changes you made to your benefits during Summer Enrollment will show on your Oct. 1 paycheck. Know what to expect by reviewing these reminders.
Don’t let the flu get you down this yearSeptember 06, 2023
Get your flu shot now to give your body time to get ready for flu season. Your HealthSelectSM medical plan covers the vaccine from an in-network provider at no cost to you.
Living with sickle cellSeptember 06, 2023
Sickle cell trait is an inherited blood disorder affecting one million to three million Americans. People may not have symptoms, but can pass the gene to their children, possibly leading to serious—even life-threating—conditions. Learn more about sickle cell and available treatment options.
State of Texas Vision welcome packets from EyeMed on the waySeptember 06, 2023
Superior Vision’s call center and website available through Feb. 28, 2024.
HealthSelect medical plan participants: Welcome to Plan Year 2024September 06, 2023
The new plan year for HealthSelectSM medical plans began Sept. 1. Learn about changes and brush up on plan features to make the most of your benefits.
Fall Enrollment begins Oct. 30September 12, 2023
The Fall Enrollment period for Medicare-eligible retirees in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) is Oct. 30 through Nov. 17.
Express Scripts transition Jan. 1September 12, 2023
On Jan. 1, 2024, Express Scripts and Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) will become the new administrators for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program (PDP) and HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx, respectively.
Message from the executive directorSeptember 12, 2023
This time of year, at the start of a new fiscal year and between Summer and Fall Enrollment, I often think about ERS’ relationships with its members and retirees, and the many ways we foster those relationships.
New State of Texas Vision administratorSeptember 12, 2023
EyeMed Vision Care, LLC became the new State of Texas VisionSM plan administrator on Sept. 1.
Possible changes in annuity amounts for non-Medicare retireesSeptember 11, 2023
Retirees not eligible for Medicare will see a change in their annuity checks if they made new benefit elections during Summer Enrollment.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.
Still making a differenceAt 96 years old, retiree Lula Marie Sullivan shows that staying active has no age limit.December 05, 2019