The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelect Secondary Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Let's talk money: Texa$aver Thursday webinar Jan. 20January 12, 2022
Ready to start—or continue—building a strong financial future? Tune in to ERS’ Texa$averSM Thursday webinar Jan. 20 for answers to your money questions and guidance on how your Texa$aver account works with your pension to get you retirement ready.
Get cost estimates for your health care before you go for a test or procedure. Learn how HealthSelectSM participants can use Provider Finder® to help avoid surprises about costs.
On December 7, the ERS Board of Trustees adopted new rules and amendments.
Reminder for Texa$aver participants: higher contribution limits in 2022 for 401(k) / 457 accountsJanuary 12, 2022
Here’s a little reminder for Texa$averSM participants: Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the IRS raised contribution limits for 401(k) or 457 accounts. The special 457 plan catch-up contribution amount for participants who are age 50 or older also increased for 2022.
Deductibles for HealthSelect plans restarted Jan. 1January 12, 2022
On Jan. 1, medical and prescription drug deductibles in the HealthSelectSM plans restarted.
HealthSelect MA PPO, Medicare Rx sites get a new lookDecember 06, 2021
The websites for HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan preferred provider organization (MA PPO) and HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx have had a makeover. If you're enrolled in one or both plans, check out the mobile-friendly, easy-to-navigate sites. While you're at it, sign up for your secure online account.
HouseCalls revives decades-old traditionDecember 06, 2021
Think physician house calls have gone the way of the soda fountain and double-features at the drive-in? Think again! Participants in the HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan can have a yearly visit from a medical professional in the privacy of their home. Read how to take advantage of this benefit.
Understanding behavioral healthDecember 06, 2021
Good health means caring for your mind and spirit, as well as your body. If behavioral health issues are keeping you from living your healthiest life, your health plan is ready to help.
Message from the executive director: Responding when you need usDecember 06, 2021
It’s been 18 months since COVID impacted our lives and routines. Since then, ERS has provided uninterrupted service to state employees and retirees. One area of our member service continues to be stretched, namely, our response time when members try to reach us by phone and email. Learn how you may be able to avoid long waits on the phone.
Deductibles, coinsurance reset Jan. 1December 06, 2021
January 1 marks a new year and fresh start. The same is true for your health insurance deductibles and coinsurance. Take note so you won’t be surprised when you check out at your health care provider or pharmacy.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.
Still making a differenceAt 96 years old, retiree Lula Marie Sullivan shows that staying active has no age limit.December 05, 2019
Managing diabetes by embracing technologyStuart Greenfield has successfully managed his Type 1 diabetes for more than 50 years. He relies on ever-improving technology to control his blood sugar levels—and he credits having good health coverage with helping him thrive. Read more.October 02, 2019