The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Life-saving eye exams: Five ways an eye exam could save your lifeNovember 02, 2022
Did you know that having regular eye exams could save your life? Routine eye exams are important for more than just your vision. Read five ways they can help spot and even prevent serious medical conditions.
HealthSelect participants: keep an eye out for your new medical ID card in the mailNovember 02, 2022
All HealthSelectSM plan participants will get a new Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas medical ID card in the mail in November. The new medical ID card will have more information for you on the back of it. Learn more about your new HealthSelect medical ID card.
Extra support for your health care goalsNovember 02, 2022
If you’re trying to kick your tobacco habit or manage a chronic condition like diabetes, your HealthSelectSM medical plan is ready to help. Well onTarget® is custom built to fit your individual wellness needs and help you reach your specific health goals.
Get the diabetes support you need, todayNovember 02, 2022
As a HealthSelect of Texas® medical plan participant, including Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM, you have access to a team of dedicated clinicians who focus on supporting people with chronic or complex conditions like diabetes.
PY23 coverage updates for diabetic suppliesOctober 05, 2022
Learn about coverage updates for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program that went into effect Sept. 1, 2022. Learn more about changes to diabetic supply coverage.
Mental Health Support and ResourcesDecember 05, 2022
If you or a loved one has feelings of anxiety, stress, isolation or depression, you’re not alone. Many Americans report the pandemic has had a big impact on their health. Here are some resources that may help.
Fall Enrollment begins October 31 for Medicare-eligible retireesSeptember 12, 2022
Fall Enrollment begins October 31 through November 18 for Medicare-eligible retirees.
John R. Rutherford joins ERS Board of TrusteesJohn R. Rutherford was appointed to the ERS Board in May 2022 by Gov. Greg Abbott.September 12, 2022
Message from the Executive Director: 75 years of vital benefits - and an eye to the futureSeptember 12, 2022
As we celebrate this milestone many of us at ERS have been reflecting not just on the past 75 years, but on the decades ahead. Read more about this milestone and how our programs continue to serve members and retirees.
Life Insurance for retireesSeptember 12, 2022
While your financial needs, goals and dreams may change, protecting your loved ones will always be important.
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.