The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelect Secondary Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Gratitude is good medicineNovember 03, 2021
When you develop an attitude of gratitude, you have taken a step toward improving your health.
The ERS Board of Trustees will consider proposed amendments at its December meeting.
Planning a fall holiday getaway this year? Travel wisely: take the right health cardsNovember 03, 2021
Holiday time often means travel time. Check out a few quick tips to prevent an unexpected medical issue from spoiling your time away from home.
No one has time for the fluNovember 03, 2021
A flu shot is the best way to fight flu and reduce your risk of developing serious flu complications.
It might seem far away, but most of us will retire someday. Whether you hope to retire in a few years or a couple of decades, how do you plan for something so life-changing? Texa$averSM Education Counselors have the financial advice you need to get your Texa$aver personal savings on the right track.
Don't forget your vaccineThe COVID-19 vaccine is getting all the attention, but that doesn't mean the flu has gone away. Plan to get vaccinated in early fall to be ready when flu season hits.September 13, 2021
Neika Clark joins ERS Board of TrusteesAs a new member of ERS’ Board of Trustees, longtime state employee Neika Clark wants to help ensure her fellow state employees take full advantage of their retirement and insurance benefits.September 13, 2021
Walk your way to better healthYou likely know about the benefits of walking. Now you can take a health expert or inspirational guest along with you through the ERS Walk and Talk podcast.September 13, 2021
David Veal named CIOERS’ new chief investment officer David Veal brings a wealth of private and public sector experience to his role and a commitment to solid, disciplined investment strategies.September 13, 2021
Message from the Executive Director: Rebuilding a sustainable Trust FundCOVID-19 made this year’s legislative session like no other, but it didn’t keep lawmakers from acting in support of ERS retirement and insurance programs.September 13, 2021
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.
Still making a differenceAt 96 years old, retiree Lula Marie Sullivan shows that staying active has no age limit.December 05, 2019
Managing diabetes by embracing technologyStuart Greenfield has successfully managed his Type 1 diabetes for more than 50 years. He relies on ever-improving technology to control his blood sugar levels—and he credits having good health coverage with helping him thrive. Read more.October 02, 2019
From guard to guideJoAnn Norman has a mission: to help the women she meets every week build their sense of self-worth. Her monthly annuity gives her the financial support she needs to continue serving those serving time. Read more.August 07, 2019