Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) Eligibility
Who is eligible for Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) coverage?
Employees and Retirees
ERS administers insurance and related benefits for employees and retirees of the following entities, and their eligible dependents.
- State of Texas agencies
- State of Texas higher education institutions (except University of Texas and Texas A&M University systems)
- Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Texas County and District Retirement System
- Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Windham School District
Eligible Family Members
Your spouse and children must meet the eligibility requirements to be added to the following coverage.
- Health insurance
- Dental plans
- State of Texas Vision
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Term Life
Insurance Ineligible Family Members
You cannot cover the following family members.
- Children who have reached or passed their 26th birthday, unless they are disabled
- Grandchildren who are not claimed on your federal income tax return
ERS requires documented proof that your dependents are eligible for coverage. Please see information on dependent eligibility verification
. All dependents are verified by Alight Solutions (formerly known as Aon Hewitt), a third-party administrator. If you do not complete the dependent eligibility packet, your dependents will be dropped from all coverage.