Every current or former State of Texas employee and retiree who had medical coverage through the GBP will receive Form 1095-B from the administrator of the plan (or plans) under which he or she had medical coverage during the calendar year. Depending on which plan(s) you were covered by, you will receive Form 1095-B directly from:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield for HealthSelectSM of Texas and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM,
- Community First Health Plans,
- KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice, and/or
- Scott & White Health Plan
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will mail Form 1095–B to every participant enrolled in Medicare, including those enrolled in:
- Are under age of 65 with Medicare Part A \
- Enrolled in Medicare Part A for the first time
- Had Medicare Part A for part of the year
If you were covered by Medicare Part A for all 12 months of the year, just check the box on your Federal income tax return indicating you had qualifying health coverage all year. CMS is reporting your coverage to the IRS.
This includes members enrolled in:
- HealthSelect Medicare Advantage or
- KelseyCare Advantage
People enrolled in the Medicare Advantage plans will not receive a separate Form 1095-B from those plans.
If you also had coverage under TRICARE, TRICARE will send a Form 1095-B.