ERS works with Alight Solutions to verify that eligible employees’ and retirees’ dependents are eligible to participate in Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) plans, such as health insurance and dental coverage. Dependent verification helps prevent fraud by ensuring that only eligible dependents receive coverage. Fraud prevention helps control costs in the plans, which ultimately helps the State of Texas and ERS maintain benefits for employees, retirees and their families.
Did you recently add a dependent to the health coverage?
If you have, you should receive a letter from Alight Solutions and you will need to take action to verify your dependent's eligibility for coverage.
If you got a letter from Alight Solutions, you need to:
- Carefully read all letters (also called notices) from Alight Solutions and note the due date for document submission.
- Gather the required documentation.
- Send the required documentation to Alight Solutions by the due date listed in their letter(s).
You are responsible for sending the appropriate proof-of-eligibility documents to Alight Solutions by the due date. You should respond quickly and provide the requested documents by the due date. If you have any problems finding or getting the requested documents, you should contact Alight Solutions as soon as possible to talk about other possible arrangements. If you do not respond, or your dependent is found ineligible, ERS will cancel all of your dependent's coverage (health, dental and/or dependent life.)
Who is Alight Solutions, and why are they part of the verification process?
Alight Solutions is the third-party administrator (TPA) that conducts dependent eligibility verification for ERS. As part of the verification process, Alight Solutions :
- sends letters and email to participants,
- answers questions about the verification process,
- provides a secure website,
- receives and reviews documents, and
- securely destroys all documents, after the process is completed.