Legislative Activity Related to ERS
The regular session of the 87th Texas Legislature ended May 31, 2021. View information about legislation affecting ERS-administered benefits that has been passed and approved by the Governor.
ERS will monitor for legislation related to our benefits during the special session starting July 8.
Check this page regularly for updates on bills that could affect ERS-administered benefit programs.
Sign up for email updates on ERS-related legislative activity.
Legislative Presentations & Resources
- Interim Hearing State Pension Reforms presentation to Senate Finance Cmte., May 4, 2022 - pdf
- Interim Hearing Inflation presentation to Senate Finance Cmte., May 4, 2022 - pdf
- House Appropriations Cmte. presentation, Feb. 23, 2021 - pdf
- Retirement Fund presentation to Senate Finance Cmte., Feb. 9, 2021 - pdf
- Joint Budget Hearing presentation, Nov. 6, 2020 - pdf
- Letter to House Select Cmte. on Statewide Health Care Costs, Oct. 1, 2020 - pdf
- Letter to House Pension, Investments and Financial Services Cmte., Aug. 29, 2020
- Investment presentation to Senate Finance Cmte., Feb. 25, 2020 - pdf