State of Texas Dental Choice Plan
The State of Texas Dental Choice Plan is a self-funded, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan administered by Delta Dental that focuses on prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment to help you stay healthy.
- You are not required to designate a primary care dentist (PCD) and can see any dentist that takes PPO dental plans, but you will save money by staying in Delta Dental’s network.
- There are two networks designed to save you money: Delta Dental PPO and Delta Premier network. Both networks offer board certified dentists. The difference between the networks is how much you pay. If you choose a Delta Dental PPO dentist, you will likely pay less out of pocket. If you choose a Delta Premier dentist, you’ll still receive network benefits, but will likely pay more for services.
- The plan allows for two routine exams and cleanings per calendar year.
- Coverage is available for diagnostic and preventive services, basic services, major services and orthodontic services.
- Costs vary depending upon services provided. For a detailed list of services and coverage, view the State of Texas Dental Choice plan fact sheet.
- Any covered dental expense incurred during the last three months of the calendar year (October-December) that applies to the deductible will also apply to the deductible for the next calendar year. This is so the participant will not have to satisfy a deductible at the end of one year and at the start of another year.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees, retirees and dependents. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You and your dependents must enroll in the same dental plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 31 days of employment. There is no waiting period.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during your designated Annual Enrollment period.