Additional Service Credit (ASC) for Active Employees
ASC is cost-neutral type of service purchase. It’s more expensive than other types of service credit. The cost is different for everyone because it is based on your highest average or current salary, age and other factors.
To buy ASC, you must:
- have already purchased all other service credit available to you such as withdrawn, waiting period or military,
- have 10 years of ERS service credit (not counting military service credit and unused sick/annual leave),
- purchase in one year increments unless you have already applied for retirement and only need months to reach retirement eligibility
- be actively contributing to ERS at the time of purchase
- be in Retirement Group 1, 2 or 3. Visit the Retirement Group Overview page to find out which retirement group you're in