Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
The HUB Program assists small minority businesses in participating in state government bid opportunities. Your company may qualify as a HUB if your company is a profit-making corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or joint venture with the following:
An applicant owner must:
- provide proof of 51 percent ownership and control of the day to day operation of the business.
- be an economically disadvantaged person meeting eligibility as a(n):
- Asian Pacific American,
- Black American,
- Hispanic American,
- Native American,
- American woman and/or
- Service-Disabled Veteran with a service-related disability of 20% or greater.
The applicant/owner must:
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- prove at least one year of Texas residency,
- prove control of the day to day operations and
- hold company title equivalent to ownership and control requirements.
The applicant business must:
- be primarily based in Texas,
- prove its principal place of business is in Texas and
- be a for-profit entity that has not exceeded the size standard prescribed by 34 TAC §20.294.