Optional Life Conversion Privilege
You may convert your Optional Term Life insurance to an individual policy if:
- your employment ends for any reason or
- you are no longer eligible for Optional Term Life Insurance.
Evidence of insurability (EOI) is not required when converting, but you must convert and pay the first premium within 31 days after our Optional Term Life policy ends. If you don’t convert during that 31-day window, you will no longer be eligible to convert and will have no option to continue any coverage.
Once you convert, the new individual life insurance policy does not include the:
- Extended Life Insurance Benefit,
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) or
- Accelerated Life Benefit.