Dependent Term Life Insurance provides you with a payment if one of your covered dependents dies.
- Dependent Term Life Insurance pays you $5,000 in the event of a covered dependent’s death. Coverage includes $5,000 in accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
- Participants have access to LifeSuite value-added services.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- You may enroll a spouse and/or unmarried children up to age 26.
- During your first 31 days of employment, you can enroll your eligible dependents without evidence of insurability (EOI). After your first month on the job, you can apply to enroll them with EOI during Summer Enrollment or with a qualifying life event (QLE).
- One small monthly premium covers all eligible dependents. Make sure that every eligible dependent is listed on the policy.
- A child may be enrolled in coverage under two parents eligible for the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP), having so-called “double coverage.”
- A member may not have coverage as both an employee or retiree and a dependent.