Express Scripts will be the administrator for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program and the HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx beginning Jan. 1, 2024. Visit the HealthSelect Rx Transition page or the HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx transition page to get details and updates.
HealthSelect Medicare Rx Prescription Drug Plan
HealthSelect Medicare Rx, administered by UnitedHealthcare, is a comprehensive prescription drug plan (PDP) and is included in coverage when enrolled in one of these plans:
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage preferred provider organization (MAPPO)
- HealthSelectSM Secondary
- You can take your prescription to the pharmacy of your choice, or save money when you choose one of the thousands of local and national pharmacies in the plan’s network. A network pharmacy will submit a claim for you.
- The plan has a $50 annual deductible, per participant. The deductible is based on the calendar year and resets every January 1. (Formulary insulin purchased from in-network pharmacies is exempt from the deductible.)
- After you meet the deductible for the year, you pay a copay for prescriptions purchased at a network pharmacy (including Optum Rx, the plan’s mail service pharmacy). This copay is based on the type of medication and the quantity you order.
- You can choose to purchase short-term medications at a local retail pharmacy and purchase long-term medications by mail or at an Extended Day Supply (EDS) retail pharmacy.
- When you register for a secure online account with UnitedHealthcare, you can take advantage of convenient online services, view your prescriptions, get health tips and much more. Sign up using the information from your HealthSelect Medicare Rx ID card.
Eligibility and Enrollment
Medicare-enrolled retirees and their Medicare-eligible dependents are automatically enrolled in this plan when they enroll in one of the medical plans listed above.