Express Scripts transition Jan. 1
On Jan. 1, 2024, Express Scripts and Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) will become the new administrators for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program (PDP) and HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx, respectively. The current administrators, OptumRx (non-Medicare) and UnitedHealthcare® (Medicare) will continue to manage the plans through Dec. 31.
No need to re-enroll
Because your enrollment in your Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) prescription drug program is based on your health plan, you and any eligible dependents who participate in a HealthSelect medical plan do not need to take any action during this transition. Your account information will be securely transferred from the current administrator to Express Scripts or Express Scripts Medicare PDP, depending on your Medicare enrollment status.
Will I get a new ID Card?
You and any enrolled dependents will receive a new ID card for your prescription drug plan as part of your welcome kit from Express Scripts or Express Scripts Medicare PDP.
- Please use this card for prescription drug purchases beginning Jan. 1.
- Continue to use your OptumRx or UnitedHealthcare prescription drug plan card through Dec. 31.
Look out for mail from ERS with more information
If you receive mail from ERS, Express Scripts, Express Scripts Medicare PDP, OptumRx and/or UnitedHealthcare, please open and read it. It may be branded with the HealthSelect PDP or the HealthSelect Medicare Rx logos.
- If you are a Medicare-eligible retiree or dependent, you will get additional information about the Express Scripts Medicare PDP plan in your Fall Enrollment packet. ERS will also offer Fall Enrollment webinars and in-person Fall Enrollment fairs with Express Scripts Medicare PDP representatives. See your Fall Enrollment packet for registration information.
- ERS will mail Express Scripts information to non-Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents in November and December. ERS will also offer webinars hosted by Express Scripts representatives. Check the ERS events calendar later this fall to register.
When can I call Express Scripts for assistance?
Call centers for both plans will be available the first day of Fall Enrollment, Oct. 30, 2023. The numbers are toll-free.
For information about your benefits, coverage and incurred claims through Dec. 31, 2023, continue to contact:
- (866) 264-4676 for HealthSelect Medicare Rx (TTY: 711)
- (800) 935-7189 for HealthSelect PDP (TTY: 711)
- OptumRx toll-free at (855) 828-9834 (TTY: 711) for HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect PDP questions
- UnitedHealthcare toll-free at (866) 868-0609 (TTY: 711); 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday; 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT on Saturday for HealthSelect Medicare Rx questions