HealthSelect of Texas® for Active Employees
HealthSelect of Texas® is a network-based, point-of-service plan. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is the plan administrator. HealthSelect of Texas is available to employees who live or work in Texas. HealthSelectSM Out-of-State is available to employees who live or work outside of the State of Texas.
Prescription drug coverage is provided through the HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program, which is administered by OptumRx. You will get two ID cards:
- one for your medical benefits and
- one for your prescription drug benefits.
When you enroll in HealthSelect of Texas, you automatically get $5,000 of Basic Term Life Insurance, which includes a $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) benefit.
- HealthSelect of Texas has a large network of doctors and other providers. You must choose a primary care physician (PCP) who is responsible for coordinating your care and managing any referrals you may need to see specialists.
- There is no annual medical deductible if you stay in the HealthSelect network.
- You can get care from a non-network provider, but you will have higher out-of-pocket costs.
Benefits, at a glance
- Preventive services, such as annual check-ups and vaccinations, are covered at 100% when you see a provider in the HealthSelect network.
- You are responsible for copayments and/or coinsurance for some doctor and hospital visits and other medical services, such as outpatient surgery and high-tech radiology.
- HealthSelect has a suite of wellness programs available to all participants.
- See the Master Benefit Plan Document for information about your health plan benefits.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- HealthSelect of Texas is available to GBP eligible employees and dependents who live or work in Texas. Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is never required to enroll in this plan.
- Enroll during your first 60 days of employment and coverage will begin the first of the month following your 60th day of employment.
- You can enroll during Summer Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage, and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program
- Certify your tobacco use
- Guide to Appeals (pdf)
- Elect the Opt-out Credit
- HealthSelectSM Out-of-State
- HealthSelectSM Secondary for Medicare participants
- Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM