What's Happening Now?
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by EyeMed
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Remember to spend your Blue Points this year!December 06, 2023
You’ve worked hard all year on your health and wellness. Why not reward yourself by redeeming your hard-earned Blue Points?
Your guide to care while travelingDecember 06, 2023
If you’re traveling this holiday season, your HealthSelect of Texas® medical plan has you covered wherever you go. Learn about your options for care and when to use them.
Have questions about the upcoming administrator change for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program? Attend an “Introduction to Express Scripts” webinar in December to learn about Express Scripts, understand what’s changing in January, and find out about the plan’s new resources and contact information.
The gift of a healthy smileDecember 06, 2023
This holiday season, don’t let oral health go out the window. Check out these great gift ideas to keep your friends and family smiling all winter long.
5 tips for winter fitnessDecember 06, 2023
When not harsh, wintertime in Texas can be one of the most comfortable seasons for getting active. Here are five tips to keep moving and healthy this winter, including some help from your benefits!
Reminder: Express Scripts transition on Jan. 1Don’t forget, beginning Jan. 1, 2024, Express Scripts and Express ScriptsTM Medicare (PDP) will become the new third-party administrators for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program (PDP) and HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx, respectively.December 11, 2023
Message from the executive directorOne way we are working to better serve you is through our growing wellness program.December 11, 2023
Fall Enrollment begins Oct. 30September 12, 2023
The Fall Enrollment period for Medicare-eligible retirees in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) is Oct. 30 through Nov. 17.
Express Scripts transition Jan. 1September 12, 2023
On Jan. 1, 2024, Express Scripts and Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) will become the new administrators for the HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program (PDP) and HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx, respectively.
Message from the executive directorSeptember 12, 2023
This time of year, at the start of a new fiscal year and between Summer and Fall Enrollment, I often think about ERS’ relationships with its members and retirees, and the many ways we foster those relationships.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.
Still making a differenceAt 96 years old, retiree Lula Marie Sullivan shows that staying active has no age limit.December 05, 2019